Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Myspace Graphics

I had planned an elaborate, well-thought out Mother's Day post that would honor mothers everywhere. I had planned to do some research about the beginnings of Mother's Day and talk about what it has evolved into. I had planned . . .

Instead, as my tribute to mothers everywhere, I did something that most mothers do daily - I ran out of the time and energy to put together what I had previously planned to do.

So I will be enjoying a simple, quiet Mother's Day working in my backyard with my husband and my two sons. I will enjoy a quiet dinner and evening and will maybe even get some reading in before I sit in front of the television tonight for my weekly indulgence of "Desperate Housewives" and "Brothers and Sisters." And then I will quietly drift off to sleep (probably with a child in my bed next to me.)

Here's wishing the rest of you moms out there a pleasant, safe, relatively quiet, without sibling squabbles and whining, Mother's Day during which I hope you can find some time to yourself where you can just be you - while receiving chocolate and flowers, too :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5/13/2007 05:31:00 PM, Blogger Shani said...

Happy Mother's day my friend.

Shani

 
At 5/14/2007 09:35:00 PM, Blogger Alex Elliot said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home