Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Friday, April 20, 2007

My Poem to the Earth

It was school vacation around these parts, so my boys and I headed to "the beach house" as my two-year-old referred to it to see my mom for a couple of days. The weather was awful - cold and very wet thanks to a spring nor'easter that slowly came through - but it was a lot of fun anyway. If nothing else we (read I) were able to get away from the stress and daily routine of our reality. (That included the computer/internet which was a nice break indeed.)

Onto more exciting things . . . This is my poetry entry for the week. This poet isn't as well known as the others I have previously mentioned, but I think he's actually better.

My son was watching PBS today and they were talking about Earth Day (this Sunday) all morning. Suddenly my four-year-old turned to me and said, "Mommy, this is my poem to the Earth." And here is what he came up with:

The earth is sweet,
The earth is beautiful.
I love green trees
And playing in the backyard.

We should keep the earth clean.
I also like bugs,
I want a tarantula but Mommy says no because she doesn't like spiders.


"And that's my poem about the earth." (I know, I know. Go ahead, tell me he's a genius; a poet laureate in the making.) It does warm your heart, doesn't it?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home