Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mr. Golden Sun

It's been a few days - almost a week actually - but between the nasty spring cold that swept through my family and the beautiful spring/almost summer-like weather we've been having, well, I haven't been spending a lot of time in front of the computer. Yeah for me!!

But I took pictures yesterday of some of the flowers coming up in my garden and I wanted to share. It's a lot of fun really. Being in a new house with a foreign backyard and not knowing what will come up tomorrow or what my yard will look like in two weeks or three weeks or the middle of the summer . . .
I'm not only enjoying the elements of surprise, but the weeding and the watering, too. (Although, it can be a little overwhelming also because there's so much we want to do and we want to do it all at once, but of course we can't do that, so then we have to decide what needs to be done and what can wait . . . I know, I know. Welcome to the land of home ownership!)

The boys are into the gardening, too. We're planning on planting a small vegetable garden (soon) not because my children want to eat the vegetables, but just to grow them. They (as do I, I admit) have an aversion to most things green and leafy. They just want to plant and water the vegetables and then "Daddy can eat them."

Well, I'm being asked to go outside, but before I go I would like to share my bit of knowledge for the day.

Today I learned: I have Delphinium (which I think Shannon told me last week)





And Lilies growing in my backyard :)


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5/11/2007 12:08:00 AM, Blogger cherylann said...

Glad that you are out playing, but I DO miss you.

Funny difference between your boys and my girl... today she asked for tuna fish for lunch- I gave her half a sandwich (on toast of course) with cubes of cheese, tomatoes, green beans, and carrots on the side- she had like 2 bites of the tuna and ate everything else. I love that! Jesse said if you're planning on a garden you should plant it by Memorial Day. Also... check out natural repellents for rabbits, moles, and other little creatures that like to eat garden stuff. I wish I had a garden dammit!

Again, I miss you. We really must talk soon, but I know you are super busy with Kelly's wedding soon. YIKES! "I take a bath, and I wash my hair... la la la la la".

 
At 5/11/2007 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Alex Elliot said...

I'm the worst are gardening. I've been trying to make an effort this year. The boys and I planted some seeds in tiny pots from the dollar bins at Target and we're going transfer them outside now that they're the right height.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home