Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Something New

You must know the old saying, "You learn something new everyday." Well, I'm going to put this phrase to the test. During the month of May I'm going to share my daily something new with all of you. At most I'm hoping I might gain some new insights on human beings, religion, relationships, etc. . . . If not, I figure I should at least become a better trivial pursuit player by picking up all kinds of random information :)

So here's my first entry -

Today I learned: that the phrase "Good night, sleep tight," gets it's meaning from the days of Shakespeare. In the 16th century, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes, so when you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. (Taken from www.randomfacts.org)

See what I mean about my trivial pursuit game?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5/02/2007 03:13:00 PM, Blogger Em said...

Very cool. I look forward to your new things.

 
At 5/02/2007 07:51:00 PM, Blogger VW said...

Very funny piece of trivia I won't forget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home