Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Saturday, February 10, 2007

OK, I'm a Little Slow

So I realize that the following is not news to most of you parents out there in the know. In fact, I've been hearing about this guy for quite some time myself, but never checked him out. I'm referring to the increasingly popular Jack Johnson.

He is responsible for the music on the Curious George soundtrack and after several suggestions from other parents I did some sampling today and found one song in particular which I love. (I liked the "The 3 R's" as well, but couldn't find a sample of it to share) His music is geared toward children but not in an annoying, high pitched, Barney voice sort of way. His lyrics are about real life kid situations like sharing and friendships and if you haven't heard his music then be sure to give him a listen.

This is my favorite (at least from my first listen through) - "With My Own Two Hands." I love the lyrics; I love the melody; I love the message that we can do anything with our own two hands. Something I really need to remember when I'm all down and out about the state of the world these days. We can do it and where we fall short our children will come through with a little inspiration from something called music.

Enjoy . . .


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2/12/2007 12:28:00 AM, Blogger cherylann said...

Nanc, You are definitely behind. I heart Jack Johnson. I like his non-kid music too... honestly, Better Together is probably my favorite JJ song lately. He also has some songs with one of my other faves- Donovan Frankenreiter. I also like his old stuff... like Bubble Toes. Remind me to tell you how lucky Lynn was to stumble into his backyard for a small concert. Check out Better Together... it's good for you and Steven. xoxo- Gretch

 
At 2/12/2007 08:36:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Aaaaahhhh ... I LOVE "Better Together!" You're right, it's a good song for Steven and I ;)

I'm trying to justify getting myself an IPod and if I do, I will definitely putting some JJ music on it - kids' and grownups' songs, alike.
xoxoxo right back at you, cherlito!

 
At 2/14/2007 01:19:00 AM, Blogger Alex Elliot said...

I'm with you, and I didn't know who he was until I read your post. I know I should be better about kids music, but I just like my music so much better.

 
At 2/15/2007 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Damselfly said...

I totally love Jack Johnson! Have all his stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home