Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Monday, January 15, 2007

Something a Little Lighter

After my VERY EARLY morning post today, I thought we could all use something a little lighter. Well, this certainly qualifies . . .




This is "Fly, Robin Fly" by Silver Convention. This was, believe it or not, the number one song on the U.S. charts on the day that I was born. A little surprising in that there are only eight words, repeated over and over and over again, in the entire song. But it's got that undeniable disco beat, and well, who needs words anyway!

Oh, the seventies . . . like it or not they will live in infamy.

Anyway, a fellow MySpacer tipped me off about this website called This Day in Music where you can plug in the day and year of your birthday and it will tell you what the number one song was in either the UK or the U.S. It was quite amusing, really, and when I saw the unfamiliar title I had to hear the song for myself.

Give it a try if you like - I plugged in my wedding day ("I'm Real" by J Lo), and both my son's birthdays (Nelly's "Hot in Here" and "Burn" by Usher - somehow appropriate if in title only) and it was a good laugh.


Attention Ms. Kookaburra: I found out that "Love Hangover" by Diana Ross was thee song of the moment on the day of your birth. (I was hoping it would be something by Anne Murray) But if that isn't enough to bring a smile to your face today, then here's hoping my video post was. *HUGS*


P.S. My sister's song was "Too Much Heaven" by the Bee Gees . . . Who doesn't love the Bee Gees?! Now heres was cool . . . what's so great about "Fly, Robin Fly - Up, Up to the Sky?" Oh well. (Happy Almost Birthday by the way!!!)

My other sister's was, hold on . . . aaaahhhh!!! "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson!! Great song!! Once again I get the shaft because I'm the oldest.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 02:32:00 AM, Blogger cherylann said...

damn diana ross! in my mind it will be- "can i have this dance, for the rest of your life?" i heart anne murray!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home