Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Thursday, February 8, 2007

If You Want a Good Laugh

I realize that I have been a little cynical lately; a bit sarcastic. I don't really know why except that I have been posting quite late, while everyone else is asleep because what with everything going on right now it's the only time I get alone. Not that I'm complaining. It's all good busyness.

So I thought I'd lighten things up a little bit today. Besides, I've been telling anyone who will listen this little diddy that from my four year old's mouth and, of course, I want to share it with all of you.

The other day we were driving home from picking my son up at school and after the usual questions of "How was your morning? What did you do today? Who did you play with?" my four-year-old firmly stated,

FYO: Mommy, I think you should go to college.

Me: What? Why do you think that?

FYO: Because whenever I see you you're at home instead of going to work. If you went to college you could get a job.

Me (flabbergasted): But I have a job. Besides taking care of you and your brother, I work at the golf course, remember?

FYO: Then why are you always at home?

Me: Because it's too cold for the golfers to play golf.

FYO (cynically): Are you telling me that the golf course is closed?

Me: Yes. That's what I'm telling you and that's why I'm home right now. (no response) I can call (my boss) and he'll tell you the same thing. He's not working right now either.

FYO: How are you going to call him if the golf course is closed?

Me: I have his cell phone number . . . Wait a minute. The point is, I have two jobs and right now I've only got one which is taking care of you and your brother.

FYO: Well, I still think you should go to college and maybe you could get a better job.


And if that didn't do it, check out my nomination for January's ROFL Awards. It's Gretchen's take on the Academy Awards and how one particular nomination could actually be a sign of Armageddon. (I think I may just have to agree with her on this one, too!) It's too funny. Thanks for making me laugh (again) my friend!!

If you'd like to see more ROFL Award nominees just click on over to Mommy Off the Record or IzzyMom.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2/09/2007 11:10:00 AM, Blogger cherylann said...

I'm funny.... looking! hahaha. Thanks Trixie, although I really don't get it. You'll have to explain to me when I call you tonight. xoxo

 
At 2/14/2007 01:18:00 AM, Blogger Alex Elliot said...

That is funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home