Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Friday, January 19, 2007

It's TIme to Rise Up, Ladies!

I'm blogging over at The Soccer Mom Vote today if anyone is interested. It's a great community of women who take turns blogging about all kinds of social issues, politics, current events, etc. I've really enjoyed the discussions over there and this is my first post. I'll be posting on the 19th of every month and maybe even adding a little diddy here and there throughout the month as well (if they'll let me!) I've already got like three topics in mind that I want to talk about!

Other than that we're getting ready for the big move. We still have so much to do; it's more than a little overwhelming, but I can't wait to get in there!!

The only other news to report is that I was catching up on my magazine reading today. I was more than a month behind on The Nation, but it was worth the wait . . . My name is in the December 25th issue!! I'm so excited! Now I won't leave you in suspense - it wasn't for anything I wrote. It was because I made a contribution to the magazine last year (besides the subscription itself) and they list all their donors at the end of the year. But still! It was my name! In a magazine! I'm excited!! (Not as excited as I was when I got my first byline in a newspaper, but still) I'm keeping it for posterity . . .

And I'll pack it tomorrow ;)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1/19/2007 12:00:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

i'm excited for your move too! wish i were there to help you pack.

and... you were not a bad friend. i spent most of the day being puked on in a rainbow of fruit flavors, so... don't worry about it. talk to you soon.

 
At 1/22/2007 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Alex Elliot said...

I would be very excited too :)

 
At 1/23/2007 12:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're so glad to have you at The Soccer Mom Vote, and you can contribute whenever the mood strikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home