Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Birthday!!

Today is my younger son's birthday. He turned the big 3!!

My husband and I have been talking about this day for some time because we have been trying to convince my son that three-year-old boys sleep in their own beds. Yes, for the last three years it has been quite the rare night when I haven't had my younger son in bed with me and over the last year or so that has meant that my husband has been sleeping elsewhere. There just isn't room for the three of us.

Anyway, he's been saying all along (except for the occasional "No. Maybe when I'm four.") that he will sleep in his own bed after his birthday. Well, today we wished him happy birthday and reminded him that he was going to have to sleep in his own bed tonight. "Today's not my birthday." We explained to him that today was indeed his birthday, but he wasn't going for it.

He's convinced that tomorrow is his birthday because that's when he's having his birthday party. So it looks like my husband will be spending one more night on the couch ;)

Besides the birthday excitement, it's been pretty low key around here. We just spent the last few days in the great state of Maine where the water was extremely cold, but that didn't seem to stop my older son from hitting the waves. Literally.

His teeth were chattering; His lips were blue when he came out, but he had a GREAT time and wanted to know when the next time would be that we would go to the beach. I enjoyed reading (a little) in the sun and watching my little one get covered in sand. It was literally everywhere and was quite the project getting it all out. (Thank you, Daddy!)

So now it's onto the birthday weekend. Hopefully a night or two alone in bed with my husband. And back to work on Sunday . . . If only every week were a vacation week . . . Although I'd need to get paid to be on vacation to afford it :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home