Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Friday, June 22, 2007

Not All Doom and Gloom

According to the Associated Press:
"PITTSFIELD, Mass.— A former Wal-Mart pharmacist who claimed she was fired after asking to be paid the same as her male colleagues won a nearly $2 million award against the retail giant on Tuesday." (Wow! I guess someone is reading my blog after all! I mean, talk about action!)

The plaintiff, Cynthia Haddad, claimed she was fired from her job as a pharmacy manager after asking to be paid the same wage as her male colleagues. After making her request, she received a bonus that had been previously given to other male pharmacy managers, but was then fired two weeks later.

Things that make you go hmmmm . . .

Anyway, after my previous post about the big step back for pay discrimination claims, this one was a bright spot. And of course, we all know I enjoy my day a little more when Wal-Mart has to take one in the chin :)

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6/25/2007 07:49:00 PM, Blogger Em said...

I love it! It's about time Wal-Mart took one for their unfair employment practices! Thanks for sharing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home