Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Day Twenty: Girls Night Out


I went out with my girls tonight. We went and saw "The Holiday." Total chick-flick movie, so I decided not to torture my husband by making him go with me and invited several friends of mine instead. (I'm not usually one for those kinds of movies either, but this one is set in large part in Britain and I love the countryside and the cottages and the pubs ... and I love the accents so listening to Kate Winslet and Jude Law speak for two hours was like music to my ears ... And who wouldn't want to watch Jude Law and listen to previously mentioned accent while eating popcorn, sipping a Mountain Dew in the dark?)

As you can see I had a great time. The storyline was cute; The scenery was even better (yes, I am referring to Jude Law and the English countryside) and of course it had the mandatory happy ending for all involved. A few drinks and lots of laughs afterward and we called it a night.

So I'm tired now and I only have about twenty minutes to get this post up, so that's it. I'm grateful for good times, good friends, girly drinks and sappy, chick movies.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 08:29:00 AM, Blogger Shani said...

I have been dying to see this film - it is just out in our cinemas and plan to go this weekend..glad you enjoyed it..

Shani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home