Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Day Seventeen: Awwww, Shucks! It's the Holidays!

I was tagged by Gretchen and usually I don't do these things, but I don't really have anything else exciting to write about today, so here goes:

A - Available or single: Aren't those the same thing? I'm married

B - Best friend: Steven, Kelly Leigh, Shannon, Cheryl, Danielle (One for each of my many personalities ;)

C - Cake or pie: Yellow cake with chocolate frosting

D - Drink of choice: water (Strawberry Daquiri on special occassions)

E - Essential item you use everyday: toilet paper

F - Favorite color: blue

G - Gummy bears or worms: I don't like eating squishy things (I have a whole neurosis surrounding food and texture)

H - Hometown: Zanesville, OH

I - Indulgence: going to bookstores and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

J - January or February: January- it's my sister's birthday and we're closing on the house!!!

K - Kids & names: Liam and Owen

L - Life is incomplete without? My THREE boys, my mom, my sisters & my closest friends

M - Marriage date: October

N - Number of siblings: 2

O - Oranges or apples: Orange juice

P - Phobias or fears: spiders and getting into a car accident on the highway

Q - Fave quote: This is a tough one. I'm a quote junky. This week I guess it would have to be: "I feel the greatest gift we can give to anybody is the gift of our honest self." -- Fred Rogers

R - Reasons to smile: What's not to smile about? (Besides the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan, Dubyah's entire presidency, poverty, starvation, the AIDS epidemic, homelessness . . .)

S - Season: Autumn

T - Tag 3 or 4 people: Shani, Cristina & Christina - No pressure, ladies ;)

U - Unknown fact about me: I have a slight purse obsession

V- Vegetable you don't like: a shorter list would be those that I do - green beans, cooked carrots and ... that's about it!

W - Worst habit: procrastinating

X - Xrays: shoulder

Y - Your fave food: Whatever my husband cooks for me

Z- Zodiac sign: Sagitarius


So after completing this little diddy, I've decided that today I am most grateful for Cheryl (aka Cherlito, Gretchen Wallaby, Franklin . . . ). I am grateful for her love, friendship, humor, inspiration, support, our (almost) weekly phone conversations, her willingness to take a chance (with me), but most of all - I'm grateful for her LOVE.

Yes, it's worth mentioning twice. Her LOVE is so powerful it warms the Earth (but not in a bad way like global warming), it brought her beautiful daughter into the world and it makes me feel young and carefree just like when we were in high school; we were insepararable then (along with Myrtle may she RIP) and even with several states between us, I'm glad we've found our way back again.

OK. No more mushy stuff.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


P.S. I'm also grateful that I got to watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas" AGAIN tonight with my boys. Just when I thought that movie couldn't get any better, it did.

P.P.S. Thank you to Shani, as well, who sent me the most beautiful virtual flowers today. In fact, I posted them here on the blog and apparently they change weekly. Thank you, my friend!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12/18/2006 11:21:00 AM, Blogger cherylann said...

Ohhhh... schmoopy! i heart you too!

 
At 12/19/2006 02:06:00 AM, Blogger Scribbit said...

But it's a great movie. I could watch it over and over.

 
At 12/20/2006 06:36:00 AM, Blogger Shani said...

I will respond to the tag over Xmas - and they didn't sent the code through to me - so could you email it !!! hugs

Shani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home