Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Monday, December 18, 2006

Day Eighteen: 'Tis the Season

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

First off, I want to wish a Happy Hanukkah to those of you celebrating the Festival of Lights this week. As you know, I have what's known as "Christmas-head" and neglected to acknowledge that there are other holiday celebrations out there. I apologize for my oversight.

(My son can be credited with reminding me actually. He asked me today if I had a dreidel because he wants to play the dreidel game. Surprisingly, I used to have a dreidel but have since misplaced it and therefore we have not been able to play. I'm going to try and find one tomorrow, but I'd like to thank the public schools for teaching my son about the diverse celebrations this time of year brings. Hopefully I won't forget Kwanzaa.)

It was a quiet day today, for which, yes, I am grateful. It was a day of recovery. My little guy has almost completely recovered from his awful cold, my older son still releases a hefty cough now and again but nothing like last week and even I am feeling better today. (My voice actually has a bit of a sexy raspyness to it, but I can't seem to get my two-year-old to go to bed tonight so that does me no good!) The only downside seems to be that now my husband thinks he may be coming down with the cold that had struck down me and my children. Let's hope for everyone to be healthy for Christmas.

I need to get some sleep. The big Holiday Show is on for tomorrow morning at my son's preschool and we're both excited about it. I think what he's most excited about is that he's having his "show" as he likes to call it on my birthday. (Yes, that was a shameless birthday plug. For those of you have known me for any length of time can attest - I have no shame in advertising the annual celebration of the day of my birth.) Anyway, today he told me, "Mommy, you know what? I get to give you your very first birthday present tomorrow." I asked him what that would be and he replied, "Hello! My show!" Of course. What was I thinking?

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12/20/2006 06:35:00 AM, Blogger Shani said...

I did a classic this week - we have a lad in the Unit who everyone is trying to get to speak again - using English - then the penny dropped with me that perhaps English actually wasn't his first language - and guess what I was right - only problem was that I chose the wrong language to learn to say Hi in - lots of confusion all around and laughter...

hugs and happiness from across the atlantic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home