Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Day Ten: Peace

Tonight I am just grateful that today is over :)

My four year old has a TERRIBLE cold. He's not unhappy or uncomfortable really, except for the cough - this horrendous, honking, junky, garbly cough. It sounds like someone is crumpling paper in his chest when he coughs. It's just awful to listen to. So he was up early this morning and went to bed late tonight. Hopefully the medicine we gave him will help him get a good night's sleep.

We did decorate the Christmas tree today which was the most fun of the day. The Christmas songs were playing, my two year old had to be repeatedly reminded to stop slamming the box with the glass balls around, I found out my older son likes to listen to the Trans Siberian Orchestra and the tree looks great! We had to turn all the lights out tonight and we all just sat in the light of the Christmas tree and took in the glow :)

My husband has been working on my Christmas present for the past couple of days. He got me new speakers for my car since I was down to two that worked. But it hasn't been going as smoothly as either one of us would have liked. I won't get into details because I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. But I will say that it's taken him several hours and while all four speakers are now in the car, he accidentally drilled through a wire to one of them when he was putting a door panel back on and for some reason, the driver's side door won't lock. (But don't tell him I told you!)

We also went house hunting today and saw five properties. A couple of them were AWFUL, but there was one that was very promising. It was beautiful in fact and so we are in talks about possibly making an offer. All of the hardwood floors had been recently refinished, all of the walls had been freshly painted and painted well with unoffensive colors, brand new stove, a nice backyard, a garage - like I said a BEAUTIFUL house! So keep your fingers crossed for us and send lots of positive energy our way. I would love to be out of my apartment by the end of January :)

But now to the point of my post. Tonight we read Todd Parr's "The Peace Book." It's a wonderful book but we hadn't read it in a while. It was perfect for before bedtime - it's so relaxing and inspiring, but in a gentle way, and I just really liked it tonight. I'd like to leave you with a few excerpts.

Good night everyone, and may there be peace on Earth . . . someday.

"Peace is keeping the water blue for all the fish.
Peace is saying you're sorry when you hurt someone.
Peace is giving shoes to someone who needs them.
Peace is planting a tree.
Peace is everyone having a home.
Peace is keeping someone warm.
Peace is being free.
Peace is being who you are."

"Peace is being different, feeling good about yourself, and helping others. The world is a better place because of YOU!"

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 12:19:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

i hope the little one feels better.

sorry, but i had to laugh about steven's wire mishap.

also, please send me info about that book. it sounds great!

 
At 12/11/2006 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

No apologies, I laughed, too :)

Josslyn would love "The Peace Book!" Just click on the link in the post and it will take you to the Amazon listing. It's not too long, it's very simple language and the message can't be beat ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home