Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Day Thirteen: T. "Lucky" Wallaby

I got my good night's sleep last night - after getting back out of bed when my husband came home from work and spending about a half an hour or so talking about the house, where we were thinking of putting certain piece of furniture, things we would need to buy, things we would need to get rid of - but after that it was lights out.

Today, the boys and I did a little art project. Now I'm not usually one for crafts, so I was quite proud of myself when I took the time to cut out three construction paper Christmas trees and three yellow stars to put on top while my son was at preschool today. Then after dinner my boys and I sat down and went to work.

We cut out our own ornaments - my two year old was (repeatedly) disappointed that I wouldn't let him use my scissors to cut his own decorations - glued them on and hung them on our front door. While this might not sound like much to many of you - for me, it was huge ;)

It was so much fun not only taking a step back and going back to my own childhood - I had forgotten what Elmer's glue and Crayola crayons really smell like - but I enjoyed watching my sons create something on their own. My four year old has gotten very creative, arts and crafts wise, since starting school and my little guy continued to amaze me with his interest in all things artsy.

So with all that's going on, including a planned finish-up-the-Christmas-shopping trip with my sister tomorrow night, I feel really LUCKY right now. I'm happy being me and once again this season is bringing more joy and laughter than I ever expected. (Which is a lot because I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!!!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, what's not to be grateful for these days?

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12/16/2006 07:07:00 AM, Blogger Shani said...

Beautiful vignette... I wish I could have been a fly on the wall... this is what defines happiness...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home