Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Thursday, July 12, 2007

OMG! Broadway Here I Come!

I heard something on the radio the other day and my heart actually fluttered. I mean, I didn't really believe it when I heard it. It was quick. I figured I must have heard in correctly . . . But I checked it out this morning and IT'S TRUE!!!

Xanadu is coming to Broadway!!!

That's right. I said it. Quite possibly the cheesiest and best movie to come out in 1980 - Xanadu stars Olivia Newton-John, Gene Kelley and Michael Beck. It's a movie about Sonny Malone (Beck), an artist who paints album (Yes, vinyl!!) covers to display in record store windows, but wants something more from his life. Enter Kira, a daughter of Zeus and a muse sent to inspire Sonny to make his dreams come true. Obviously, Kira and Sonny fall for each other, obviously a muse and a mortal cannot be together . . . and Gene Kelley is in there, too.

Anyway, there's GREAT 80's music in it - check out this video from the title track - and, oh yes, ROLLER SKATING!! Lots of roller skating!!

I loved this movie as a kid. I was a dancer in my childhood, Xanadu has a tap routine in it which was my favorite because I was a tap dancer, no kidding - and there was nothing I liked more than a musical. (I used to dance with my best friend in her basement to the soundtrack of Annie on a regular basis.) I actually used my Fisher-Price tape recorder to record (by holding up the tape recorder to the speaker of the TV) the songs from the movie.

So if anyone would like to accompany me on a trip to NYC to see Xanadu on Broadway (I'm singing the theme song as we speak!) then let me know! (Cheryl, I know you want to go. Admit it.)

What a great way to start my morning!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7/12/2007 10:51:00 AM, Blogger cherylann said...

Sorry buddy, I opt out. I hated that movie. But, if they come out with a musical based on the boyfriend game I'm so there!!! xoxo

 
At 7/12/2007 12:57:00 PM, Blogger CPA Mom said...

OMG, I had forgotten about that movie! I watched ANYTHING ON-J was in, in those days. I loved it. But without her, will it be any good?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home