Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Still Raining . . .

Well, it's been two solid days of rain (again!) and it's cold and I really don't like cold, rainy days. But I'm going out with my sister tonight for her second-to-last girls' night out as a single lady (her last girls' night out will be on Wednesday when my other sister is in town and we take her out just three days before her big day!) and that will be fun. (We even bought matching handbags!)

But it seems that my gardening plans for the weekend have been put on hold. My boys are literally running laps in my house because they're looking for some kind of outlet for their energy. And, oh yes, I still can't kick this cold I've had since last week.

On the plus side, my husband and I rented an amazing movie last night - Little Children. It stars Kate Winslet as a stay-at-home mom who has an affair with a stay-at-home dad. It's really about people who's lives have spun out of control and whether or not they really want to take back control and live with the choices they've made. It's a drama and it's pretty dark (in the way that American Beauty was), but there are plenty of lines that had me (and my husband) literally laughing out loud.

The movie was up for a couple of Academy Awards (not sure if it won any) and I must say that it stayed very true to the novel it's based on. I read the novel by Tom Perrotta more than a year ago and it was fabulous. It started a little slow, but once I got into it a little bit I couldn't put it down. The movie is the same way. An excellent movie and I highly recommend it.

Oh, and I posted my monthly contribution over at The Soccer Mom Vote. It's a little piece on children and health care in the United States. Some of the stats I found were so disheartening. I couldn't believe how many children are without adequate health care coverage. And it's something that I and so many of my friends take for granted. I certainly couldn't afford to take my children to the doctor without it. (It's hard enough for many of us just to afford the portion of the premiums that our employers don't pay!) So if you're interested, click on over and be sure to check out some of the other posts as well. There have been some very good ones recently that will get you thinking.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5/19/2007 01:21:00 PM, Blogger Em said...

Yeah, this rain is a bit much. A day of outdoor activities pretty much cancelled. So lots of reading and bill paying. At least the reading is fun!

 
At 5/25/2007 09:04:00 PM, Blogger Alex Elliot said...

I'll have to go take a look. I know that with my younger son having an ear infection that seems to be lingering,we've spent a lot in just co-pays and we'll be starting the ENT path next month. I can't even imagine if we didn't have insurance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home