Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day Twenty Seven: Finally a Shower, Still No Snow

I finally managed a shower today. A nice hot one because I really needed it to aid in scrubbing the grime off. I also managed three, count 'em three, loads of laundry today. The Christmas tree has been taken down and taken away. I cleaned up the kitchen and I have a plan on how to tackle the upcoming month of packing that lies ahead of me. All in all, a very productive day.

However, it still hasn't snowed here - much to my older son's dismay. We have had unseasonably warm weather for the last two months including temperatures in the 50's at times during the last two weeks and so, no snow. We got some flurries today which I knew weren't going to amount to anything, but my son didn't know that. When he looked out the window he yelled, "Mommy! Look! It's snowing! It's finally snowing!"

I told him that I didn't think it would be enough to play in, that it was pretty much melting as it hit the ground, but he didn't believe a word of it. He basically told me I had no idea what I was talking about. So he watched out the window, periodically, for about an hour or so while the snow continued to fall. Then it stopped. And the sun came out. And what little snow that had fallen on the roof began to melt and was falling down past the window as water.

"I guess we can't make a snowman after all . . . Will we ever get enough snow?"

I'm not one for the white stuff anymore. It's cold. It's wet. It causes not only difficulty for me when driving, but more annoyingly it causes other drivers to forget how to drive thereby causing me even more hassle in trying to avoid them. But suddenly, I want it to snow. I want it to snow really bad.

But while we're waiting for the snow to fall I've put up a tent in my living room. That's right a tent. My boys received it from Santa and I knew it would be a big hit; I just didn't know how big of a hit. We played board games in the tent. We pretended to sleep in the tent (after my sons pretended to turn off the pretend light in the tent.) We pretended to be scared of the bear (my husband) outside of the tent. My younger son tried to eat in the tent, but that was probably the only thing we didn't do in the tent.

Don't be getting any ideas, however. I'm not about to go camping in the great outdoors - unless it's in a cabin with running water, electricity and indoor plumbing - and if it has all that I might as well stay in my living room, in the tent, with my boys :)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12/27/2006 11:53:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

too cute! is there room for us in the tent too?

 
At 12/28/2006 11:58:00 PM, Blogger Alex Elliot said...

I have to say that I've been disturbed by how warm it's been . However, I'm not looking forward to having to deal with coats, hats, boots etc for two kids this winter since I remember it taking a while with just one kid last year. I really would like for my older son to be able to build a snowman and all that fun stuff, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home