Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Day Thirty: We Needed This

FINALLY!!! It snowed! Well, a little bit at least. Enough to get the kids dressed in their snow gear and take them outside. Enough to throw a few snowballs and for me to make this darling snowman . . .



Granted, there was only enough snow to make him about a foot tall. And, yes, that's grass poking through the snow in the background. We didn't even get an inch, but it was enough for my boys. When they saw it coming down my four year old couldn't get his gear on fast enough. We played tag. We played hide and seek. We threw (small) snowballs. It was pure bliss.

The only disappointment of the day was when we were outside and the sun came out. My older son responded immediately: "Mommy! I can't believe it's spring already!!" We're hoping for one big wallop before the end of the winter. Yes, even me. We had so much fun today. It was a day I really needed. If only everyday could be like this one . . .



P.S. I even got to watch a movie tonight! I know! Can you imagine?! My husband and I watched "Thank You for Smoking," and it was so funny! Definitely one of those quirky films; only 90 minutes long; Lots of great, dry humor. If you get a chance, rent it. (Plus I got to hear Katie Holmes, er Kate Cruise use the f-word several times and she was a dirty little whore, too! What does Tom think? Is that very Scientologist of her?)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12/31/2006 12:28:00 AM, Blogger cherylann said...

your snow man looks like an ALIEN!!! run awayyyy! hahaha. glad you guys had some outside time today. maybe i should take the bean out tomorrow if i can roll myself off the couch (if the migraine goes away).

oh, and don't say "dirty little whore" again... it makes me feel.... like a dirty little whore. heh.

love you! oh, and there are craploads of people in wiconsin who wear red sox hats. i don't have one though... i can never find a hat that fits right. damn peanut head!

 
At 12/31/2006 01:56:00 PM, Blogger Alex Elliot said...

I love your snowman! Due to ongoing potty training efforts, we've been mostly inside this week! I also really enjoyed "Thank You For Not Smoking".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home