Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Thursday, April 5, 2007

P.S. to Sporadic Posting


I found this over at Izzymom today. It's a great followup to my post the other day about my sporadic posting as of late (which is really kind of funny considering I think I've posted everyday since then :)

So here it is, The Blogging Declaration of Independence: (The articles which apply to me anyway. If you want the full version click the icon at the top of this post)

1. I will only write when I feel like writing. I will not allow myself to feel obligated to write a blog post or do any other blog-related activity if I don’t feel like it.

3. I will write from my heart and remember that my blog is about me and whatever I want to write about.

4. I will not compare myself to other bloggers.

7. I will not feel bad if something I care about doesn’t get a lot of feedback or comments.

8. I will always try to remember that blogging is a hobby first and foremost. When it stops being fun, I will step away and re-evaluate.

11. I will not worry about losing readers if I change my focus from time to time.

12. I will be true to myself and my feelings. I will be cranky if that’s how I feel. Being a diplomat 24-7 is just exhausting and unnatural.

15. I will update and add to this declaration as necessary.

As usual, I have found that I'm not the only one suffering with whatever ails me in the moment; But it's still nice to hear it once in a while.

So to all of you bloggers out there who managed a post today - Congratulations! And to all of you bloggers who did not - Double congratulations!! You must have been having too wonderful of a day ;)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4/08/2007 04:12:00 AM, Blogger Shani said...

And so say all of us... you should never worry about losing focus - it is always essential to refocus otherwise you will simply get lost !!

Hugs my friend and happy easter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home