Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Friday, April 6, 2007

I Gratefully Accept This Award on Behalf of . . . Me!



Alex recently awarded me with the Thinking Blogger award (although I didn't notice for some time because I had fallen behind in my reading. Sorry, Alex!) and I must say that I am honored. (I guess the title of my blog hasn't been in vain after all.) The award is given to a blogger for a specific post (or the blog itself) that makes you think. You know ... think ... that thing we do when we actually have a spare moment to pause and let an idea ebb and flow through our brains (clearing out all the cobwebs) ... At least that's how it's been for me over the past few weeks. Lots of buzzing around from place to place and not much thinking going on.

Anyway, here is why Alex nominated me, "because her blog does such a great job bringing attention to many social and environmental issues." Yeah!! I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but it is quite the ego boost to hear someone echo one of your reasons for writing. So thank you, again, Alex for your nomination. (And I promise, that "Real Moms" post is on it's way!)

Now, the rule is that once you receive an award you nominate five more blogs/posts that are worthy of the title. So here are my nominees:

1. the true story of what was - Cheryl's posts make me think about my own personal relationships and issues. She is so honest and raw with her emotions that I can't help but think of my own role as mother, daughter, wife, friend, etc. (And she tells the best stories!)

2. Formula Fed & Flexible Parenting - Although she's already been nominated, I had to throw this thing right back over to Alex. Her posts are always full of advice that isn't just coming from some article supposedly written by some expert that (whether intentional or not) ends up making most mothers feel guilty about their parenting choices. (And, again, with humor!)

3. Sempiternal Horizons - Shani makes me think most about my writing. Whether she's inspiring me with quotations or writes an entry that spawns a writing prompt for me . . . she is the epitome of thoughtful. (Especially with those words of encouragement for me that she is ever so generous with)

4. retro research - This brief bit of blogging opened up all kinds of thinking for me. It's the tale of the beginning of a graduate project where a student committed to living without post-1950 technology for one month. That's right no cell phone, no television, no microwave, no ATM cards . . . none of this gadgetry that today we rely so heavily on. (As if the world might stop spinning if I don't pick up my cell every time it rings!)

5. 365: A Photo a Day - This is a photo journal that is thought provoking because the pictures stimulate all kinds of feelings and emotions. And Emily does it all without using more than three or four words per entry.

So there they are. Check them out if you'd like to get those neurons firing, and a thank you from me to all the nominees for giving me lots to think about!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4/06/2007 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Em said...

Congratulations! It is well deserved.

 
At 4/09/2007 12:51:00 AM, Blogger Xilly said...

Congrats & Well done!

 
At 4/10/2007 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Alex Elliot said...

Thanks!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home