Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Day Thirty One: A New Year Filled with Hope

I heard this song the other day and the lyrics really caught my attention. I didn't even know what song it was or by whom, but thanks to the power of the Internet, I found out. Nothing profound, I suppose, but a nice reminder on this New Year's Eve. It's a song by the Goo Goo Dolls and it goes something like this:



Better Days
And you ask me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
And desire and love and empty things
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again

And it's someplace simple where we could live
And something only you can give
And that's faith and trust and peace while we're alive
And the one poor child that saved this world
And there's 10 million more who probably could
If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again

I wish everyone was loved tonight
And somehow stop this endless fight
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again



P.S. I just want to point out that I did it! I managed to post thirty one times during the month of December. I didn't skip ONE day! I actually set a goal and followed through and while this may not sound like much to some of you - it's HUGE for me. I've not been known in the past to be a closer. I tend to lose interest or find some excuse not to cross the finish line. But not this time.

And what I'm most proud of is the fact that there were days when I didn't feel like writing; when it was late and I wanted to just go to bed and say "To hell with it!" But I didn't. I followed through and I wrote something everyday for the last month.

I guess my next goal is to continue this writing trend, probably not everyday on the blog, but everyday in some way, whether it be my fiction, my blog, writing prompts - WHATEVER!! I've set the precedent now. There's no going back.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12/31/2006 10:33:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

I'm proud of you! This new year will be a great one for you! I know it! Wishing you and your boys good things. love- gretchen

 
At 1/01/2007 08:58:00 AM, Blogger Damselfly said...

Oh, yeah . . . that's my new favorite Christmas song. It came on a compilation CD a couple years ago, and even through the rest of the year, I keep singing that song to myself. It's on my iPod! Thanks for sharing it!

 
At 1/01/2007 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Julius Seizer said...

Very well done.

Once you achieve something you set a standard for what's possible. Next time, achieving the same isn't so daunting because you know you've already done it.

Have a great 2007...

Juius

 

Post a Comment

<< Home