Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Thursday, October 5, 2006

Totally Random Thought Thursday

Just a few things floating around in my head today. None of them really related - PERFECT for Random Thought Thursday!!

  • The countdown to National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo as it is lovingly called, has begun! This is something I stumbled upon a few months ago and I'm all over it. Thousands of people from around the globe join together in trying to write 50,000 words in just 30 days. I'll be taking part and trying to get a jump start on the novel I always say I'm going to write. It seems a bit of a daunting task, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I think the hardest part will be getting the time, without interruption, to get the 1,600+ words written everyday in order to stay on pace. I'm always complaining about the demands on my time, so it should be interesting. I've already informed my husband that I am attempting NaNoWriMo and he says he's on board. We'll see. I've got all kinds of ideas; I know what I'm going to write about; I have a main character that I'm trying to develop; I figure by November 6th I'll be on here complaining about writer's block :) I probably won't be posting here as much, but no worries, I'll keep you all updated on my progress. Hopefully, I'll be posting a victory entry on December 1st!


  • Thank you to everyone and your kind words regarding my preschool jitters. My son must be reading my blog because he hasn't cried once at school this week and he's been playing with kids at recess AND during free play in the classroom. As many of said, so sweetly I might add, he's young, he hasn't been in school very long and he is working it out himself. On Monday he came home and told me he was VERY brave and didn't cry at recess and he played Legos with one of his buddies. As if the day wasn't great enough, he then told me he still missed me while he was at school though. So my worry has shifted from preschool to high school - with charm like that I'm going to be getting a lot of phone calls from a lot of teenage girls :)


  • The House of Bush continues to suffer structural damage. Apparently high ranking officials in the Bush Administration knew of Bin Laden's desire to attack the U.S., not in August 2001 as was originally alleged and later proven to be true by the infamous August memo, but as much as two months before the 9/11 attacks. Bob Woodward writes in his new book, "State of Denial" that Secretary of State, then National Security Adviser, Condoleeza Rice was in fact briefed on the Bin Laden threat on July 10, 2001 by CIA director George Tenet. According to Woodward, Tenet remembers the meeting clearly as it was "the starkest warning they had given the White House," on the activities of Bin Laden and his desire to strike. However, when questioned about the meeting the White House could recall no such meeting having occured. But then, upon further deliberations, Rice said through a spokesman that there was in fact a meeting, but that there was nothing discussed there that stood out and therefore she didn't remember that particular meeting when orignally questioned about it. However, the meeting was important enough to be noted in an early report as part of an investigation done by a joint congressional panel pre-dating the infamous 9/11 Commission. The panel concluded that "senior U.S. government officials were advised by the intelligence community on June 28 and July 10, 2001, that the attacks were expected, among other things, to 'have dramatic consequences on governments or cause major casualties' and that 'attack preparations have been made. Attack will occur with little or no warning.'" (Wasn't that a warning?) Anyway, the water continues to rise, but Americans continue to be complacent. If this Administration is allowed to continue to rule at will I can't imagine where this country will be in two more years. I'm too scared to think about it.



I think that's it for now. After that last thought, I'm exhausted. I'm sickened really. I mean, what's it going to take? How long are we going to let this bullsh*t go on? I think I'll go read Todd Parr's "The Peace Book" so that I can smile again, so that I can have hope again, so that I can give my children hope that all will not be a total mess when they inherit this great country of ours.

2 Comments:

At 10/05/2006 05:35:00 PM, Blogger Shani said...

My friend...what a blog...what a week.. and a Thursday too. In Bristol this is the day the rubbish is chucked out.. say no more.

NaNo... perhaps you would like to start a separate blog about that pain..? I have and having read it.. why am I playing this stupid game.. Supplies must be brought in as I speak..

Your son. My heart goes out to you.

The House of Bush is aligned to the House of Blair - count yourself lucky Bush's wife has more tact than Blair...she has overdone herself this week in England.

My friend... I am trying to find your email address this evening.. please email me on phethean@aol.com.

I am reaching out to you across the seas...
hugs my friend. hugs
Shani

 
At 10/06/2006 02:49:00 PM, Blogger Cristina said...

Regarding your last bullet, I am not surprised that they had advance warning. It's a scary, scary thing. I can't believe that so many Americans have supported this Administration for so long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home