Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Saturday, November 18, 2006

VICTORY!!! - And a Metal Staple to the Head



So it's official - Ohio State 42, Michigan 39

Now all I want for Christmas is a National Championship!!!

It was certainly an amazing game (which I missed the end of due to a visit to Urgent Care with my eldest son - no worries, he's all right) and I believed the Buckeyes would be victorious even though Michigan refused to go away until the final second had ticked off the clock. It was fun to watch - Could there be a rematch in January?

I chatted with Gretchen for quite some time today. We learned how to post videos together from You Tube and she may have introduced me to a new career - tech support. Yes, it was I who walked her through each and every step to a successful (and hilarious) video post. (Granted it wasn't rocket science, but I feel like I made a positive contribution today just the same.)

Then there was the not so good part of the day - the emergency doctor's visit. My two sons were rough housing, after being told several times not to do so, when tragedy struck. (I may have written this before, but I like to call them my lion cubs because they often act like animals which was why this last week of rain was so brutal for our household. Not going outside for our daily romp is like caging, well, two lion cubs!)

Anyway, there they were "playing" when my older son fell backwards and onto a, gulp, radiator. I scooped him up right away and started trying to console him without even looking at his injuries - until I pulled my hand away from his head and it had blood on it. Not a LOT of blood, but enough to get the adrenalin going. Sure enough he had a nice gash (which while crying he was able to tell me he didn't like that word and to not use it anymore) on the back of his head.

Phone call to the doctor, which he also didn't like, so he proceeded to tell my husband to get off the phone, to stop talking to the doctor, that he didn't want to go to the doctor and would he hang up on the doctor already!!! But of course, we had to go to the doctor.

He's fine now - one metal staple later. It took three of us to hold him down (I took the legs because I couldn't imagine watching them put a staple into my son's head!) and a doctor to administer the staple, but he's home, he says it doesn't really hurt anymore and he went to sleep watching "Cars."

So here's hoping for sweet dreams for all of us tonight - and little to no excitement tomorrow.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11/19/2006 12:45:00 AM, Blogger cherylann said...

Oh my GOD! I was in hysterics and crying just reading the damn post! I hope your little lion cub is feeling better tomorrow and gets a super duper fribble with a blue straw... that always works. He was so brave. You too Mama. Who took the head?

Did you guys miss the concert?

 
At 11/19/2006 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I know! He's fine though. Woke up this morning and said - "My head doesn't hurt so much anymore. But I'm still not going near the radiator."

I offered ice cream last night on the way home from the doctor, but he didn't want any. We'll have some today I'm sure. And yes, we missed the concert. It literally happened less than 90 minutes before we were supposed to be there. I felt bad because he asked if we were still going on the way home and he was disappointed when I said no - blood stained hair, bacitracin globs, staple and all. I promised we would find out when Papa's next concert was and go to that one.

And I also told him to ask Papa to sing to him today since he missed out last night - every christening after party needs entertainment, right?
*hugs*

 
At 11/19/2006 09:28:00 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Poor guy! Glad he's feeling better already.

And yeah, the game was great, and amazingly close, too. We went to a movie during the game, but even at the theatre they were projecting the game on the lobby wall, and while watching the movie, we knew how the game was going because we'd occasionally hear loud cheers coming from the lobby.

You can't escape the game in Columbus, even in a movie theatre.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home