Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Sunday, November 12, 2006

It's Time for the BIG Game

Photo Courtesy of the AP/The Plain Dealer, Marvin Fong
and ESPN.com

For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE fan of Ohio State Buckeyes football. My love comes mostly from my DNA - I was born in the Buckeye State and it's just one of those things you're born with down there in the great state of Ohio. I still have plenty of family living there as well and am always kept up to date with the latest happenings at OSU.

Well, the Buckeyes have been sitting atop the Top 25 polls all season and have ridden the wave to a perfect 11-0 record. While such an accomplismnet is amazing, even better is that they did it with Michigan chasing them all season. The Wolverines have also managed to pull off an undefeated season - that is until now.

The two powerhouses, who are also two of the biggest rivals in college football, will faceoff this Saturday at 3:30 p.m. in Columbus to see who comes out on top for a slot in the National Championship game on January 8th. I'm putting my money on OSU.

Now it is possible that regardless of the victor, both teams will get a championship berth if they stay ranked #1 and #2 one week from now. Can you imagine the buildup to that game?! I mean, I don't think much of anything is going to get done in the state of Ohio this week, but if there was a rematch for the National Championship?! The entire month of December through January 8, 2007 would have to be written off as a state holiday.

But I'm getting ahead of myself - right now it's time to focus on kicking the Wolverines back to Ann Arbor with their tails between their legs. Go Bucks!!
P.S. If you don't believe me about how BIG this game is in Ohio, check out the comment Christina left on this post.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11/12/2006 08:09:00 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Oh, believe me, here in Columbus it is already crazy. They still haven't finished counting votes for one of the close House seats (Pryce vs. Kilroy), and the decision was made this week to postpone any counting and recounts until after the OSU-Michigan game. They said they didn't want to "take anything away from the big game".

Yeah, government hangs in the balance, but the game goes on. You can see our priorities here.

We plan on watching the game, but safely in our house. You couldn't pay me to go near campus on Saturday.

 
At 11/13/2006 12:52:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

hey... why hasn't your word count risen, fool? i'm here checking on your ass. write write write! ok, now that i'm done... hi. hope you are having a good and productive day :)! i heart you!

 
At 11/13/2006 04:06:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

okay, the naming poll is in... your very own nickname (the full one) is posted on my blog under links. you have no say in your name. i heart it. it makes me smile... just like you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home