Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Thursday, November 2, 2006

Here's a Thought . . .

CHOCOLATE IS FROM THE DEVIL!!!!

How else do you explain that it tastes soooooooo good, but makes me feel so guilty? (Same thing with sex, right? At least that's what my parents tried to teach me :)

Let me explain. It's just after two in the afternoon on Thursday and I've been a bad girl. Sunday night my husband made brownies. I proceeded to eat several bite size, chocolaty morsels on Monday by reminding myself that I had aerobics class that night and would simply work it all off then. Right.

So I went to aerobics, had a great workout and the guilt was over. Until Tuesday . . .

Tuesday I basically finished off the brownies, thereby completely nullifying my aerobic workout from the evening before. Still no harm, no foul - right?

Then came Halloween . . .

My boys brought home what amounted to a GINORMOUS bowl of candy - and I haven't been able to control myself. Reese's cups are my biggest weakness and I know of at least three, all right four, that I have consumed since yesterday. I don't want to go into detail about the other chocolate products I have ingested today, it will make you sick, but suffice it to say that I could work out every night for the rest of the week and I might, - might - have worked off all those extra calories by Monday's aerobic class.

And when I think of the poundage / inches I may have just added to my figure (sitting here blogging right now certainly isn't helping in my battle against the bulge) - you'd think I would ban all chocolate consumption and stop pilfering my kids' Halloween candy. You'd think so, wouldn't you . . .

I KNOW IT'S WRONG, BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!

Cheryl, please make a call to that Intervention show you watch . . . It may be my only hope.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11/02/2006 11:20:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

Dear Ms. Wallaby,

This post was frikkin' hilarious! But, unfortunately I can not arrange an intervention for you. The problem is that I too have a chocolate addiction. In the past week, yours truly, has almost polished off an entire bag of fun size snickers bars. Added to that, ESM and Dad brought over Krispy Kreme last night. *sigh* I don't even DO aerobics. Can't you just hear my ass growing as I type this? Maybe we should ask Santa for some willpower this Christmas.

With much Love,
Ms. Kookaburra

 
At 11/03/2006 08:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was feeling the same guilt each time I sneaked a tootsie roll out of my 3 year old's stack of halloween candy. She's THREE for christ sake, how can i steal from her? but I talked myself out of the guilt somehow.

I can finally say I am guilt free! Besides, the more candy I have, the less her poor little body will suffer from all that sugar. ;)

 
At 11/03/2006 03:56:00 PM, Blogger K said...

Ummm chocolate..sorry my brain stopped at brownies.

Smooches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home