Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Thursday, November 16, 2006

OSU Fan Goes to Great Lengths ... Err, LEGOS


OK, this is totally random and so perfect for Random Thought Thursday! (Although there wasn't much thinking involved. Not for me anyway.)

My uncle, an Ohio native, sent me some great pictures tonight. Apparently there is a man from Michigan, yes Michigan, who decided back in 2002 to embark on an amazing journey - to build a LEGO replica, to scale, of the Ohio State Buckeyes football stadium. It took him two years, approximately 2000 hours and countless numbers of LEGOS to finish the model of "The Horseshoe" as the stadium is so loving referred to as.



The replica is 36 1/2'" x 46 1/2" and stands 10" tall. It weighs approximately 38 pounds and is built to a 1:275 scale. There was no name in the email regarding who the devoted fan was and I searched the internet to no avail. But with the Big Game coming up on Saturday I had to post the photos because this is just, well, f*cking great! (LEGOS were one of my favorite toys as a kid and I wish I had thought of doing something cool like this - although I wouldn't have had the patience to spend two years on it - instead of building Papa Smurf's laboratory 100 times over.)

Enjoy the photos and GO BUCKS!!




Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11/16/2006 03:14:00 AM, Blogger cherylann said...

uhhhh... sounds like someone needs therapy. not you... him. hey... where you been?

 
At 11/16/2006 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

i'm around, just busy and completely annoyed by all the rain we've been getting.

Loved your post today, ms. kookaburr ;)

Maybe the LEGOS were therapy for this guy ... or maybe he went crazy because of them and that's why no one knows who did this :)

Anyway I wouldn't rule me out completely for therapy ... sometimes I hear these voices ....

*hugs* trixie

 
At 11/18/2006 04:50:00 AM, Blogger Shani said...

Lego has become the must have toy in England this Christmas - because Hampster - Richard Hammond from Top Gear - who was very badly injured in an accident, has mended himself from brain damage by using it !! Honest - that is what the papers say - and they are always right !!!
I just enjoy pretending to make bread with it as a child - how far we have come....

Best wishes Shani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home