Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Today I Became Less Ignorant

I read Cheryl's blog today and was moved by her personal story of the women in her family and their struggle with Lupus. Apparently, October is not only Breast Cancer Awareness month, but Lupus Awareness month, as well. Cheryl has taken it upon herself to make sure that more of us become educated.

So I have taken her words to heart and spent some of my day reading up at the Lupus Foundation of America because I know very little about the condition. It's a dibilitating disease and not only do those who suffer deserve our compassion, but they deserve our support.

So hop on over to Cheryl's post - her heartfelt words will move you to action much better than I ever could.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10/18/2006 12:47:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

thanks girl! the more people who know about lupus... the better. now, you have to show me how to get one of those purple ribbons on my blog.

 
At 10/19/2006 12:26:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

happy anniversary to you...! don't feel bad. this past anniversary (the 3rd) is actually the first one that jesse and i have spent together... and we didn't have sex. bleh. anniversaries are overrated! love you!

 
At 10/25/2006 06:32:00 AM, Blogger Shani said...

thanks for highlighing this...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home