Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Friday, August 11, 2006

Worcester's Own

“Just remember - when you think all is lost, the future remains”
--Dr. Robert H. Goddard (1882-1945)

This quote randomly showed up on my "Quote of the Day," box and I couldn't let it go by without a special mention. (Have you noticed I've been into quotes, lately? Of course you have!)

Anyway, Robert Goddard is considered the father of modern day rocketry (I did a paper about him in 11th grade!) and he was a good old Worcester, MA native! So my husband would be greatly disappointed, being a purebred and proud Worcester-ite himself, if I didn't point this out.

Besides, it's a great quote!

1 Comments:

At 8/11/2006 10:18:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

i was always so excited about the damn rocket near the auburn mall. me = dork!

on a connected subject, mark said that we're not real shrewsbury-ites if we don't know where The Hair's Inn is. I didn't know... guess I'm fired! hahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home