My Protest Music Soundtrack
We're back from the beach and it was wonderful! Not a long trip, but long enough to clear my head, hang out with my boys (all 3 of them) and just breathe in the fresh (fishy) air. It's amazing what a little bit of salt water, sun and sand will do :)
(Although it's an awful lot of work bringing kids to the beach what with all of the gear involved and the fact that we'll be finding grains of sand in every tiny crevice of their bodies for the next two weeks! I remarked to my husband that I can't wait until the boys are grown and we can go to the beach alone, get up early, take a walk in the sand, then spend the rest of the day reading a book and listening to the tide roll in and out.)
But, as usual, I digress . . . My husband made a CD for me the other day. It's titled "Nancy's Protest Songs!" He put the exclamation point there, not me :)
I love the soundtrack. He has hit the nail right on the head, again, and I just wanted to share it with you because it will give everyone a little insight into my current thoughts and opinions (as if you didn't already know!) If I could send you all a copy, I would. It's just that good!
Nancy's Protest Songs!
1. Here's to the State of Mississippi- Pearl Jam (Probably my favorite song on the CD)
2. Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
3. When the President Talks to God - Bright Eyes
4. Fight the Power - Public Enemy
5. World Wide Suicide - Pearl Jam
6. Masters of War - Bob Dylan
7. The Bravery of Being Out of Range - Roger Waters
8. Let's Impeach the President - Neil Young
9. The Fletcher Memorial Home - Pink Floyd
10. A Hard Rain's a Gonna Fall - Bob Dylan
11. When the Tigers Broke Free - Pink Floyd
12. What God Wants, Part I - Roger Waters
13. American Idiot - Green Day
If you click the links to each song, you'll see the lyrics.
Poetry - all of them - Strong, powerful poetry. Enjoy!