Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Friday, July 28, 2006

My Protest Music Soundtrack

We're back from the beach and it was wonderful! Not a long trip, but long enough to clear my head, hang out with my boys (all 3 of them) and just breathe in the fresh (fishy) air. It's amazing what a little bit of salt water, sun and sand will do :)

(Although it's an awful lot of work bringing kids to the beach what with all of the gear involved and the fact that we'll be finding grains of sand in every tiny crevice of their bodies for the next two weeks! I remarked to my husband that I can't wait until the boys are grown and we can go to the beach alone, get up early, take a walk in the sand, then spend the rest of the day reading a book and listening to the tide roll in and out.)

But, as usual, I digress . . . My husband made a CD for me the other day. It's titled "Nancy's Protest Songs!" He put the exclamation point there, not me :)
I love the soundtrack. He has hit the nail right on the head, again, and I just wanted to share it with you because it will give everyone a little insight into my current thoughts and opinions (as if you didn't already know!) If I could send you all a copy, I would. It's just that good!

Nancy's Protest Songs!
1. Here's to the State of Mississippi- Pearl Jam (Probably my favorite song on the CD)
2. Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
3. When the President Talks to God - Bright Eyes
4. Fight the Power - Public Enemy
5. World Wide Suicide - Pearl Jam
6. Masters of War - Bob Dylan
7. The Bravery of Being Out of Range - Roger Waters
8. Let's Impeach the President - Neil Young
9. The Fletcher Memorial Home - Pink Floyd
10. A Hard Rain's a Gonna Fall - Bob Dylan
11. When the Tigers Broke Free - Pink Floyd
12. What God Wants, Part I - Roger Waters
13. American Idiot - Green Day

If you click the links to each song, you'll see the lyrics.
Poetry - all of them - Strong, powerful poetry. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 06:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

came over from LibraryThing progressives group to see your playlist. Somebody should market this selection, I certainly would buy the cd.

 
At 9/21/2006 07:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so funny, I just was thinking that I needed to assemble a playlist of Protest songs. A few of these will now Definately make it onto my list... (I came from LT also)

 
At 3/17/2007 02:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

also came in from LT -- why not set up your playlist in iTunes? People could download any missing pieces (I'm going there now to ck out the Pearl Jam songs; couldnt find its version of the Phil Ochs songs, your top track....?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home