Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Monday, September 17, 2007

Homework

Just when I thought the "new stuff" was slowing down . . . Tonight my five-year-old son did this:


That's right - Homework. We have five worksheets to do this week and they're due on Friday. That's one each night and two on one night. (I wanted to start him off right, so we did two tonight.)

But aside from the technical/practical aspects (homework for him, of course, means homework for me), there is the emotional side. I mean, I was just getting used to him being a big kindergartener, a soccer superstar, someone who doesn't need me to open things for him at lunchtime - and now he's doing homework!!! Before I know it he's going to be graduating from college!!

How much more should one mother have to take?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9/19/2007 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Em said...

Schools do seem to start the homework routine pretty darn early. But college graduation is still a few days off. You've got a lot more homework to do first! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home