Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Three Words

Flipping through the channels last night I stopped a couple of times on this ABC show that was showing YouTube videos and other "amateur" videos. It didn't hold my attention for very long, but I found myself clicking back to it a few times because there was nothing else on. I guess the series is called "I-Caught" and two of the segments were pretty interesting.

One featured a guy who does portraits of people - Bill Clinton, LeBron James, Will Smith - on an Etch-a-Sketch. And I'm talking artist quality portraits with shading and real-life likenesses. It's amazing really when you consider he has to do it all with one continuous line. Which also means that if he makes a mistake he has to start over again. I was impressed since the only thing I can make on an Etch-a-Sketch is a square or a rectangle.

The other segment I really liked was called "Your 3 Words." Viewers were asked to submit, in video form, three words that described their moods, their life, their week - anything. ABC then put a montage together that aired last night and I enjoyed watching that. I enjoyed seeing all the different faces and interpretations and of course seeing what three words people used.

It also reminded me of something else I had just read about over at Mama Says Om. Elaine issued a creative challenge that was inspired by Jen Lemon and the challenge was this: Take a pad of Post-It Notes and write down several inspirational phrases. Then leave those notes in random public spaces. I mean, you never know who might read them and maybe someone who really needs those words will find them. Plus, I think it's just kind of fun to do something so secret.

Why am I telling you all this? Well, I've decided to combine the two ideas today. Three words on a Post-It note for all who stop by to read:

myspace graphics

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8/30/2007 09:59:00 PM, Blogger Em said...

A beautiful wish for all of us...thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home