Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Thursday, August 2, 2007

More Gardening Glory



We have ripe tomatoes!!

Those of you following my virginal gardening season know how excited I get. (More excited than my son whose idea it was to have a veggie garden as a matter of fact.) You also have read about those pesky squirrels I've been dealing with. Well, while they've helped themselves to a few of the greener tomatoes (and my pepper which was lost a couple of weeks ago) there are PLENTY of tomatoes to go around. So as long as I'm able to keep picking, I will refrain from allowing my husband to purchase a Bebe gun.

I am happy to report, also, that while the previously mentioned squirrels destroyed my lone pepper and annihilated my eggplant even before it had a chance to sprout flowers - it looks like both plants have been given a second chance at life. I have what appear to be a couple of pepper sprouting now (on a couple of plants instead of just the one) and the eggplant is now in bloom with a couple of nice, healthy looking flowers which I hope will bear fruit, er, vegetables.

Yes, I'm a little crazy about this whole gardening thing, but it's been so much fun! I'm already making plans for next year's crops (this from a woman who doesn't eat very many vegetables) and I'm thinking about changing a few things in the yard itself as well.

I never thought I'd love playing in the dirt so much!!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8/02/2007 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Em said...

YUM! I can think of lots of recipes for those tomatoes right now! I'm glad your virgin gardening experience is going so well! Now if want to invite a bunch of us bloggers over to help you eat all that goodness, that would be fine with me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home