Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Monday, July 30, 2007

Unconscious Mutterings

I found this website yesterday which I thought might be fun (at least for a while). It's called Unconscious Mutterings and is based upon the theory of free association. The site publishes a list of 10 words every week and asks readers to write down the first thing that comes into their heads when reading each word. There aren't really any rules - you can write down a one word reaction or a series of words; You can post your responses with a bunch of other people on Sunday or post any day of the week. (Be sure to check out the website for more details.)

So here's my first attempt. If you've got a few minutes, try it yourself. You might be surprised what you come up with and who knows where some of these free thoughts can lead - I refer to continued inspiration for writing only ;)

  1. Traditional :: Antiquated


  2. Popeye :: Spinach


  3. Gin :: and Tonic


  4. Harsh :: Teenagers


  5. Topless :: Beach


  6. The thing :: You don't want anyone to know


  7. Defiant :: Bold


  8. Huge :: Ginormous (I can't believe that made it into the dictionary this year!!)


  9. Food :: Necessary


  10. Lenny :: Kravitz

  11. ****************************************
    P.S. I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on Saturday and it was wonderful :) I am a little sad though that there won't be any more new adventures for Harry and his friends. I can still look forward to the final two installments of the movie version though!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7/31/2007 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Em said...

6. The thing: you don't want anyone to know....

Well know I REALLY want to know. So tell all your secrets! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home