Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Everyday Life is Beautiful

The kids are in bed (and have been since about 8:30!) My husband is out. My house is quiet except for the occasional hum of the fan inside my laptop. I don't have much of "substance" to blog about tonight, but I felt like writing - so here I am.

It's been a good couple of days. My four-year-old just wrapped his Dr. Seuss week and even tried (much to my surprise) green eggs and ham yesterday. I can't get him to even put his lips on a piece of fruit or to smell anything resembling a vegetable. He didn't like the green eggs and ham and made it very clear to me that he "only tried a tiny bit." What is it about preschool teachers? What kind of magic do they practice?

It's been an exciting 24 hours for my older son actually. Today was his first friend from school birthday party. He's been looking forward to it all week because the birthday party was held at none other than Chuck E. Cheese's. Now, we're boring parents and we actually frown on most fun, so my son had never been to Mr. Cheese's, but had gotten a taste of the action through - what else? - TV commercials. Well, it apparently lived up to the hype because not only did I hear about all the "cool" things he did all afternoon, but when he came downstairs tonight to tell me that he had taken a shower all by himself (under my husband's supervision; please no calls to social services) I believe his exact words were: "Mommy! I took a shower all by myself! But it wasn't as much fun as Chuck E. Cheese's." And when I asked him whether cuddling with me or Chuck E. Cheese's was better I was met with a pause and then, "Chuck E. ... They're both the same," and a big smile.

And so here I sit. I could call Cheryl right now and see what she's up to, but I'm not sure I've completely recovered from our last phone call - a four hour telethon that lasted until about 2 a.m. Friday morning!! Thankfully, my husband had the day off and I was even allowed to sleep in. (When I thanked him for that, he said "No problem. I mean it would be pretty hypocritical of me if I didn't let you, right?" Isn't he the cutest?) So I'll just rest up since I'll be seeing Ms. Wallaby next week!!!! I can't wait! I can't wait to hug her and to introduce her to my boys and to meet her little bean and to reminisce some more - CAW! CAW! CAW! (I'm still tearing up when I even think of that one, Cheryl!) - so here's to a safe trip and good times :)

That's enough rambling for tonight. I'm going to go do some reading. I'm still trying to catch up on my magazines. That's the funny thing. Magazines just keep coming so I feel like I'm never any closer to catching up . . . I'm sure I'll have something interesting to report after tomorrow's St. Paddy's Day Parade. It's not as "sloppy" as it used to be now that many of our friends have children who actually want to watch the parade and need supervision while they do so, but something good always happens.

Sweet dreams.

P.S. Has anyone noticed my latest online "gadget?" Put your mouse over any of the links in my posts (sidebar, too, I think) and you'll see a bubble appear that shows a preview of the webpage I've linked to. Pretty cool, huh? ... Well, I think it is :) Thanks to WannaBeHippie (do it now ... see?) for sharing it.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3/10/2007 11:25:00 PM, Blogger Alex Elliot said...

I noticed it yesterday. It's funny because I also noticed it on a website that I was on too. Glad to hear that you have an evening to yourself. We haven't been to Chuck E. Cheese yet either although I've been told that there's one in my town.

 
At 3/11/2007 09:16:00 AM, Blogger Em said...

A quiet evening is such a treat! I'm always torn between the computer, a good book, and the nagging feeling that I really should be doing something productive around the house. Fortunately, I'm very good at resisting those feelings. :)

 
At 3/11/2007 01:48:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

Awww... how can resist the pull of Mr. Cheese??? Josslyn loves going there. Sometimes I just surprise her and while we're out I'll just pull in and she freaks out- it's like Christmas morning! hahaha.

I was home. And sleepy on the couch... Jesse convinced me to watch Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow... let's just say that I would have thanked you profusely for getting me out of that one. Oh well... I'm so excited for next week. I will give you a call when I know what's up and stuff. xoxo

Liam is taking showers?? Maybe he won't get any more boo boo's on his toes now. hahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home