Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Saturday, September 2, 2006

MommyBloggers: A Look at Community in 2006

As I do research for what I hope turns into the novel I always say I'm going to write - Yes, I will be trying NaNoWriMo in November and for anyone who is interested in learning more about that can click on the pencil marking the countdown to NaNo at the top of the page - I stumbled upon the following blog entry from Misha at "The Wallpaper of My Mind." The entry is titled "What We See Over the New Backyard Fence," and it's her viewpoint about what it means to be a mother in this day and age and how blogging has provided her with not only an outlet for her writing, but a way to connect with other moms who blog - Mommy Bloggers.

It's wonderfully written and offers a few insights I had not thought of. I also like that Misha is unapologetic in sharing her everyday, some would say "routine" life, and the milestones and setbacks of her two young children. Misha is the epitomy of this new Mommy Blogger movement and I have been amazed at the number of blogs I have found, by women, blogging about their families. Apparently nap time can be very productive for us moms, as long as we can stay awake ourselves during such peaceful, precious moments.

I don't want to say too much, but suffice it to say if you're a mom, or even a dad, I think you'll find her post informative and it will certainly give you a few things to think about. Stay at home moms are often looked upon as taking the easy road, of wasting their talents by spending 24 hours a day with their children and yet, SAHM's are finding a way to come together and support one another even if they are separated by hundreds and thousands of miles. Just another example of the internet not being ALL bad.

Thank you, Misha for putting into words what so many of us are thinking! (I'm sure I'll be posting some thoughts of my own very soon in response to what you've written.)

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2006 12:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! I appreciate the link and your thoughts. I am also working on an article about what feminism looks like today, especially amongst mothers (and SAHM). I would love to hear more about what you are writing about, too. Thank you, again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home