Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Finding God in a Bulk Mailing

Today I received the following flyer in the mail. On one side it said: "Coming Soon to a Theater Near You . . ." Then I flipped it over and it said:

"Rated R: Recommended for Anyone Over or Under Age 17 . . . People all over have been waiting, dreaming, imagining what it would be like to be able to engage God in a worship experience that is relevant to today's culture.

"On September 10, 2006 a new way to do church launches right here (in said movie theatre) . . . There will be great music, cool lighting, intense media, Starbucks coffee available and the most comfortable seating since the wooden pew. The environment is comfortable and relaxed, so come and check it out with no strings attached. I look forward to seeing and meeting you on September 10th." Signed, Pastor X

Anyone who knows me knows I do not promote ANY organized religion, so I will not be specific about which "church" sent this to me. And I don't really know what I have to say about it - I just wanted to share it.

Just another example of a PR campaign at every corner . . .

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2006 12:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why oh why was it rated R? How weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home