Bookmark This Blog

"Pace is all. Rhythm is master. Consistency is your friend."

Saturday, May 27, 2006

TOP 5 WORST EMAIL FORWARDS

It's been a week, I know. Ive been working a lot. And when I'm not working I'm trying to keep up with my boys. So I've been tired and haven't gotten to blog in a whole week! I apologize to those of you (Franklin) who check in regulary. I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head, but since I've been up since 5:30 this morning and only got about 5 hours sleep last night because Owen kept getting up and kicking me in the back (I know. I know. He needs to sleep in his own bed. That's a whole other subject) I decided to make my return with something a little light. But don't worry, there's plenty of political bullsh*t out there - I'll be back on my soapbox soon enough.

Here are my personal Top 5 Worst Email Forwards: (Feel free to add your own)
5. Get to know your friends surveys - Let's face it, if I'm calling you my friend I probably know most of the answers already, and those that I don't usually fall under the category of "Too much information."

4. If You're a Real Patriot - This one isn't just annoying, it's insulting. You know, the one where there are all kinds of pictures of the American flag usually flying off the back of a pick up truck or being waved by a guy with no shirt on and a flaming mullet, a shotgun in the other hand and a cigarette butt hangin' out of his mouth. And then there's the ever present text that reads something along the lines of, "I support our troops. If you're a real American and not one of those antiwar traitors you'll send this on to everyone you know so that they can show their true patriotism too. George Bush Rules!" Anyone who supports that criminal in office doesn't get to lecture me about patriotism.

3. Jesus Loves You / My Prayer for You - I'll be brief. Jesus and I don't need email to reassure each other of our love. Please don't use email to let me know that Jesus loves you too. If I need anyone to pray for me you'll be the first to know. People like you are why I don't go to church.

2. Videos of People Doing Stupid Stuff/Getting Hurt - I don't watch America's Funniest Home Videos either.

And the number one worst email forward is:
If you don't forward this email to 25 of your best friends within the next two minutes you're going to have bad luck for 10 years! Forward it to 5 people and you'll have bad luck for 8 years, 10 people 6 years, 15 people 4 years, 20 people 2 years, 25 people and your biggest dream will come true!!!
(I'm not for regulating the internet, believe me, but I might support legislation that makes it illegal to forward chain letters just like the USPS does.)

Now, use the email link to forward this post to all of your friends ;)

2 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 11:00:00 PM, Blogger cherylann said...

oooh... you're super feisty tonight. didn't mean for you to get all upset about the forward... just wanted your opinion on it... figured it would inspire you to blog some more. i'll say! in the words of tommy chong: "mellow...mellow... mellow" . i heart nilda!

 
At 5/28/2006 08:32:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

not upset. A little tired though. I liked getting all that stuff out on the forward you sent me. Most of this comes from stuff my mother sends to me. She just doesn't get it when I don't send them back :) She likes to send me the Jesus ones (she's still not happy the boys aren't baptized) and the Republican/Patriot bullsh*t. We don't see eye to eye with regard to politics. Which is just fine by me!
thanks, cherlito!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home